Launching in the spring of 2021, Spirit of the Rhine will be the first river ship purpose-built for Saga Cruises. The luxury ship will be used exclusively by Saga guests, and will have many exciting features, and passengers will notice the Saga boutique difference. I give further details below, but if you would like to pre-register, or be advised of the itineraries when they are all announced, call GoCruise with Ian on 08002922850 or 01455821770.
The price of your cruise will have many inclusions, offering premium value for money: –
- VIP travel service from your home and back again
- French balconies in nearly all cabins
- Free dining in an la carte restaurant
- Selected drinks with lunch and dinner onboard
- Up to five excursions included on every cruise
- Gratuities and Wi-Fi included
Here are a few details about the ship herself: –
- Maximum of 190 Saga passengers
- The average size of the cabins is 17 sq mtr (184 sq ft)
- French Balconies on main and upper decks
- The main restaurant seats up to 190 diners
- The a la carte restaurant seats up to 34 diners
- Panoramic Lounge and Bar
- Sun Deck with Chess and Hot Tub
- Alfresco Barbecue
- Gym and fitness area
- Quietvox headsets and interactive maps
Spirit of the Rhine will be sailing on the Rhine, Moselle, Main and Danube rivers, as well as the Dutch Waterways. Full itineraries aren’t published yet, but I give brief details of just three of them here.
From Amsterdam to the Alps – Sail from the Dutch lowlands along to Switzerland, soaking in the history and culture on the way. Experience more with included hotel stays in Basel and Davos.
From Rembrandt to Rubens – Enjoy the fascinating world of art, as you take this special cruise along the Rhine, Main and Moselle. Visit some of the finest art museums in Europe and discover some of their finest treasures.
Across the Continent – You will discover the contrasts of continental Europe, as you take in the varied sights of Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary, on this two-week cruise.
Want to try ocean cruising with Saga’s boutique style purpose-built ships? You can see my review & video of ‘Spirit of Discovery’, which entered service in July 2019, and her sister ship Spirit of Adventure will enter service in August 2020.
For more information on Saga river cruises, Saga ocean cruises or Saga worldwide escorted tours, GoCruise with Ian.
All details are subject to change by the tour operator, and the pictures shown above are artist’s impressions.