Choosing the right ship for your first cruise is very important - May 2019
Ian Warren – 22nd May 2019
Cruising is becoming more of a mainstream holiday choice for the British public, with over 2 million taken in 2018. There are many reasons why cruising is becoming more popular, including the amazing diversity of new cruise ships being built, not just for the ocean but also for rivers. Never has there been such a choice, ranging from smaller more traditional ships, up to the massive ‘resorts at sea’. I really do mean it when I say that “there is a cruise ship for everyone”.
Part of what I do when talking to someone who has never cruised before, is to ask questions to find out how they normally holiday. Knowing if you prefer relaxing beach holidays to a large theme park, or if you would choose a boutique hotel over a large chain hotel, are just some of the questions which can help me to get an idea of what cruise line and which ship you would like. If I put you on the wrong ship ‘for you’, you probably wouldn’t enjoy it as much as you had hoped to, and no doubt wouldn’t trust my advice again. However, if I put you on the right ship, you will almost certainly have an amazing time, and come back to me to help sort out your next cruise.
I have built up my knowledge of cruising over a number of years, not just by taking the cruise lines’ training courses but, more importantly, by going on cruises myself and also visiting numerous ships in port.
- I have been on 45 ocean cruises, with 18 different cruise lines
- I have been on 11 river cruises, with 10 different cruises lines
- I have visited 78 more ocean and river ships, in ports around the world
- I have produced over 140 videos, with over 640,000 views, to show many of these ships
- I am a member of CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) and was awarded the CLIA Cruise Master Award in 2018, at the Agent Achievement Awards in London
Check out some of the following links, to see what I am talking about, then contact GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850, for a chat about what cruising could be like for you, or you can use the ‘contact us‘ form. I look forward to hearing from you.