Amadeus Silver III Review - December 2017
Ian Warren – 04/12/17
Amadeus River Cruises operates a fleet of ships on the rivers of Europe. One of the newest is Amadeus Silver III, which I had a good look around in Amsterdam, when I attended the CLIA River Cruise Conference in November 2017. Read my review and watch my ‘60 Second’ video, then call GoCruise with Ian on 01455821770 or 08002922850 to book your cruise, or for any further information.
MS Amadeus Silver III was built in 2016, and carries a maximum of 168 passengers in 72 cabins and 12 suites. She offers a comfortable base for your European cruise, with a lot of facilities available, and I give further details below.
- Sun Deck – Lido Bar, lounge chairs for relaxing, with shaded areas available, giant chess board and Shuffleboard
- Mozart Deck – Panorama Bar, River Terrace, Café Vienna, Hair Salon and Amadeus Club
- Strauss Deck – Restaurant, Reception and Gift Shop
- Haydn Deck – Fitness Room and Massage Room
- The 12 Suites are on the Mozart Deck. They are 284 sq ft and have a corner sofa, and walk-out exterior balcony
- There are 19 A-1 grade cabins on Mozart Deck, each 188 sq ft, with a drop-down panoramic window
- There are 31 B-1 and 4 B-4 grade cabins on Strauss Deck, each 188 sq ft, with a drop-down panoramic window
- Haydn Deck has 14 C-1 and 4 C-4 grade cabins, each 172 sq ft, with smaller panoramic windows, which cannot be opened
All accommodation offers a choice of twin or double bed, walk-in wardrobe, flat screen television, individual climate control, ensuite bathroom with shower, hair dryer and in-room safe. There is also a mini-bar in all but the C-1 and C-4 grade cabins.
The price of your cruise includes the following: –
- Full board including local cuisine specialities, with coffee and tea served after every meal
- Local wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Tea, coffee and sweet cakes and pastries served in the Panorama lounge each afternoon
- A “Highlight Dinner” is available, for a small supplement, on Amadeus Silver, Silver II and Silver III
- 24-hour self-serve tea and coffee stations
- Informational talks, cooking demonstrations and musical entertainment
- Bottled water in your cabin
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Port charges and local taxes
- Bicycles and helmets available free of charge on Amadeus Royal, Elegant, Diamond and Silver
You can personalise your cruise by adding flights from your preferred airport, resort transfers, pre-cruise or post-cruise hotel stays and a range of shore excursions.
The ships in the fleet carry between 140 and 180 passengers, cruising the Rhine, Main, Moselle, Dutch & Belgian Waterways, Danube, Seine, Rhone & Saone rivers. The newest is Amadeus Provence, built in 2017, and the oldest is Amadeus Symphony, built in 2013 but completely renovated in 2014. The ships in the fleet are as follows.
- MS Amadeus Provence
- MS Amadeus Silver III
- MS Amadeus Silver II
- MS Amadeus Silver
- MS Amadeus Brilliant
- MS Amadeus Elegant
- MS Amadeus Diamond
- MS Amadeus Princess
- MS Amadeus Royal
- MS Amadeus Symphony
For more information call GoCruise on 01455821770 or 08002922850.